Points Eligibility...?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by perplexed, Jul 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. perplexed

perplexed New Member

Status Points:
    Does everyone accept the Hyatt customer services' line that only rooms booked direct with Hyatt are eligible for points under the Hyatt Gold passport terms and conditions; that is, that rooms booked at a hotel published room rate (as opposed to a discounted rate) through for instance, Expedia, do not fall within the definition of "Eligible Rate" found in those terms and conditions and so won't earn points? If so, why?

My reading of that definition is that so long as any hotel published room rate wherever found, is paid, then that stay is eligible for points. Discounted rates on the other hand are not eligible. So if I pay a hotel published room rate (as opposed to a discounted rate) found on Expedie, that should be eligible right?

2. Phly4Phun

Phly4Phun Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yup. Only those booked through Hyatt. Are Eligible for points. You get elite benefits still though

3. perplexed

perplexed New Member

Status Points:
    Hi there and thanks for the reply, but can you expand/explain. Why are only those booked through Hyatt eligible when the terms and conditions refer to "eligible rates" (i.e. not eligible bookings or stays) whether found on Hyatt or elsewhere? That is, it seems that the rate paid is the key requirement, not where the eligible rate is found.

Has anyone had stays booked through third party websites credited to their account?