Points.com 20% more miles

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by OceanBreezes, Oct 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. OceanBreezes

OceanBreezes Gold Member

Status Points:
    I received the following email from the American Airlines Aadvantage Program this afternoon. Has anyone tried this?

[​IMG]

Until October 31, 2011, earn 20% American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles when you trade or exchange AAdvantage miles on Points.com!

Points.com helps you get the most from your loyalty programs by making it easy to Trade, Exchange, Buy, Give or Redeem your points, miles and rewards from many of the world's leading loyalty programs.

Here's how it works:

Earn 20% AAdvantage bonus miles when you trade for more AAdvantage miles with other Points.com users

[​IMG]

Earn 20% AAdvantage bonus miles when you exchange for more AAdvantage miles between your other loyalty programs

[​IMG]

2. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still a terrible exchange rate.

OceanBreezes and arkleseizure like this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Every exchange rate I've looked at with points.com has been poor so I didn't even look at the email. Someone may need a few miles to top off for an award, so this may be a worthwhile option for them.

That said, I perhaps shouldn't be so jaded as one of these days a worthwhile exchange rate will pop up, maybe....:D

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    It's not this deal though. :)

Sweet Willie likes this.
  5. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have been known to use "Buy AA Miles" several times, but generally I am not a fan of points.com because of their "rates," and even more because of the customer "service" I have experienced more than once from them.

JohnDeere19 and OceanBreezes like this.