Points & Cash glitch?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Canadi>n, Oct 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've noticed in doing some general searches for upcoming stays (not signed in) that the list of available hotels will show a Points & Cash option available, but when I sign in to book it, this option vanishes so I am unable to book online. Anyone else experience this problem? Will call res in the morning to see if I can book this option.

2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Could it be part of the MANY issues IHG's website have had recently? Please post what you find out from the reservations line!
    :)

3. Jaimito Cartero
    Original Member

Jaimito Cartero Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't thing Starwood and IHG share the same online booking site.

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    When I made some online award bookings last month, if I searched for awards points + cash wouldn't show up. If I searched paid rates, awards/cash+points options appeared at the bottom. So had to book that way.

2soonold likes this.
  5. IHGCare

IHGCare Silver Member

Status Points:
    Please call the Priority Club service center at 888-211-9874, they would be able to walk you through the process.

6. Pa Kettle
    Original Member

Pa Kettle Gold Member

Status Points:
    Here is someone who had a similar problem:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17347448-post55.html

7. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Shhhh... You're revealing my alter ego! ;)

However, I believe I have solved the mystery/problem. The SPG search brings up a maximum of three "pricing" options which by default (the unlogged in version) are: the published web rates, the award point redemption rate, and the C&P rate if or if not available. However, when I am logged in, my default includes a corporate SET rate along with the published web rate and the award point redemption rate. Because only three rates can be displayed on this page for each property, the C&P rate gets dropped. I have discovered how I can get the rate to show, by clicking on the "compare all rates" box.

So apologies for misleading anyone, and thanks to those offering suggestions.