Points and cash for hotels using airline card

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by michael21, May 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    So far I have seen 3 cards, the BA, United and AA cards being able to book hotel stay with their points...has anyone done this? Do you find there is good value...I spoke to one MPer about the BA avios and how some decent hotels in Israel were like 15k and 50 bucks a night...seems solid..anyone else redeem airline cards for hotels?

2. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Unless you got too many miles, I have not seen any good deals of that sort. Using hotel points is a more cost effective way to go.

philatravelgirl likes this.
  3. philatravelgirl

philatravelgirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    For 25k BA miles you can upgrade east coast WT to CW which is about $2k savings more or less so to me I would never look to use air miles although, haven't seen value proven yet so maybe another MP can make the case. I only use hotel points when the property is over $300/€300 a night

4. farhanmehta

farhanmehta Active Member

Status Points:
    It depends on how you value you Avios miles. So say you value them at 1c/mile which is a reasonable (though it can be argued either way) you would be paying $200 a night for the room. Personally, I'd save them short expensive flights where they have a lot of value (9k round trip for flights under 600 miles) in both the US and in S America, and for flights to the Caribbean.