Point Me to the Plane - Building Up US Airways Miles for the AA Merger – Time to Take...

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Mar 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Any US Airways miles in your Dividend Miles account will one day be joining those AA miles in your AAdvantage account, so why not build up your US balance while you still can. Here are some of the easiest offers: US Airways Barclays card offers - 30k-40k for signing up for the personal card and...
    ©Point Me to the Plane, a BoardingArea Blog

Continue reading...

2. Picksplace

Picksplace New Member

Status Points:
    Hi, this is a good idea. Have you heard anything about the equivalency of the programs-meaning will US miles transfer to AA 1 for 1? When UA and Continental merged the transfer equivalency was complicated. Some were happy and others were not. Thx

3. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    What was complicated? It was 1:1.

4. Picksplace

Picksplace New Member

Status Points:
    They had an algorithm that determined the equivalency of the two programs. They did not reveal the details behind the calculation. I know some people were not happy while others saw several 100k increases. If you didn't care and trusted them to do the right thing for you then it was easy. I track my miles very closely and had to fight to get the accurate number.