Please vote for me :)

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by hulagrrl210, May 31, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    DeltaExpert, Jubileesmom and Gargoyle like this.
  2. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I'm keeping an eye on you. You're hanging on in 10th place (the top ten all win), and currently it looks like you have a 200 point lead on 11th. In the past that was pretty secure, but the way things jump now, you're position isn't too strong.

I'll wait till later this evening- there are 4 hours left. I'd like to be able to give you a bunch of votes towards next months contest, rather than spending them all on this month. However we don't want to risk you missing it this month either- you've contributed so much quality content there that you deserve a win.

3. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks so much! Top Flyer these past two months has been crazy. A lot of new people...anyway, thanks again :)

DeltaExpert, Jubileesmom and Gargoyle like this.
  4. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Done! I did have to give a few to Gargoyle!

Gargoyle, hulagrrl210 and Jubileesmom like this.
  5. bonnerbl
    Original Member

bonnerbl Gold Member

Status Points:
    Added my votes. Looks like you are a solid position 7.

Gargoyle, hulagrrl210 and Jubileesmom like this.
  6. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you so much!!!!

7. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thank you! we all love Gargoyle :)

Gargoyle likes this.
  8. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You're real safe now. The only question mark is between Seat2A and kyunbit. They're 8 points apart, one will get 10th and the other 11th. Both have been really good solid contributors, and I don't know either one, so I can't choose whom to support. cleome isn't far behind, and could also pull in there, and has also contributed a ton of photos.

hmm, I do know one thing- kyunbit is a milepoint silver, cleome only has made five posts here, and if Seat2A is a milepointer it is under a different handle.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  9. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    And now cleome jumped way up, and last place is a three way battle between
    sharmaintl, Seat2A and kyunbit; they're just separated by a few points with 80 minutes to go. All have done a lot of work posting on that site, I'm sure all are deserving. I'm glad this is my final month (you're only allowed 5 wins per 12 months, but the site design and setup there is so tangled that who knows if they can even track those things. I suspect the next couple of months will be insane on that site, and it will be extremely hard for newbies to break in.

Reason being, the oldbies already have hundreds of contributions, so if two or three friends come in and vote for everything, they can immediately get 1000 points. Newbies will have to start from scratch, one post at a time.

hulagrrl210 likes this.
  10. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm jealous! I still have one more month of eligibility due to getting edged out last minute last month. Top Flyer has been going crazy! A lot of the fun of the game has been lost and I feel overall quality of some of the posts has gone down. Sadly it is easier to sign up for multiple accounts than it is to convince friends and family to come vote for you and it seems some have chosen that route.

Anyway, I hope what you say it true about us old-timers having a chance. I've made a lot of posts, and with over 2,000 photos I just brought back from F.P. I have a lot more to give...of course I will be sharing some of them here on MP once I get a chance to go through them all!

Gargoyle likes this.
  11. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    You need a twin/clone sibling. One to travel and shoot, one to sit home and post process (photoshop) all the pix.
    :D

Exiled in Express likes this.
  12. jwsky
    Original Member

jwsky Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope I have helped a bit .
    Good luck!

Gargoyle likes this.
  13. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Someone new, who signed up for the first time 23 minutes ago, is giving hundreds of votes to the people who came in 11th and 12th, and they've knocked out Cholula. If they keep it up, hulagrrl is next in line.

Lame-o system they have there.

:eek:

edit to add: A couple more brand new signups appeared and immediately knew how to find and vote for hundreds of pix in just the span of a few short minutes. Boy, they sure must be savvy computer whizzes to figure out the site navigation that quickly; I even sometimes have trouble getting around that site and finding user profiles.