Please say it ain't so -- beer changes at Delta SkyClubs

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by bigx0, May 11, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Delta SkyClubs tend to be pretty standard from place to place. In a mediocre way, of course. But one thing I appreciate is that most locations try to have at least one or two local beers which often are a cut above the standard fare or at least are interesting to try. And they rotate a bit too, so what's there one month might not be there the next.

While checking out the beer selection at SLC the other day I asked about the Uinta Cutthroat Pale Ale. The bartender told me I had better grab a bottle before it was gone as there were only a few bottles left. I asked what was taking its place. He said nothing was taking its place. He went on to say that over the next couple of weeks all bottles will be removed and only two beers will remain on tap: Bud Light and Miller Lite.

I laughed at the obvious joke, but, um, he wasn't joking. He insisted this was decided in Atlanta and all SkyClubs are going this route. At first I told him I didn't believe it but he was adamant and serious. Or one heck of a good actor. Was I had or is this the latest BS to come from the idiots in Atlanta?

viguera and HaveMilesWillTravel like this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    There must be a misunderstanding. What beers will remain on tap?

3. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Exactly. Or are they perhaps just recycling bathroom output in an effort to save $$?

4. Seacarl
    Original Member

Seacarl Gold Member

Status Points:
    That would be terrible and would give UA the excuse to follow suit. UC's too tend to have a local option, along with Heineken and some light swill.

5. bigx0

bigx0 Gold Member

Status Points:
  6. susimaru

susimaru Member

Status Points:
    Hi nice useful information for viewers.....