Please help me plan DD's Spring Break to BCN and MRS

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by cheryld, Oct 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. cheryld
    Original Member

cheryld Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi, I have found such great help here in the past, I am hoping for your guidance again. DD will fly from STL for Spring Break with her boyfriend. She has been to Europe with us a few times - this would be her first trip on her own. I have held tickets flying into BCN and out of MRS. The thought is for them to stay in BCN for 2 nights (she speaks Spanish and I know in BCN they also speak Catalan) - I thought that would make it a bit easier as their first stop. Then I thought they could take a train to Marseille and hopefully tour this area.
    She will be 21 and her boyfriend 20. She would love to drive around Provence. I think they might be able to rent a car - but is this advisable? I would have them just train it around - but not sure that this area is as conducive to this type of travel.
    Airfare seems to be climbing and their budget(as college students) is on the low-end. Would appreciate any advice/ideas you have. I have never been to this area.
    Thank you!

JohnDeere19 likes this.