Playa del Carmen - Yucatan Peninsula - Mexico

Discussion in 'Other North America/non U.S.' started by Sweet Willie, Nov 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    So we currently have a reservation at the Cozumel InterContinental but have come to find out that even though I'm a Royal Ambassador, the only benes we will receive is a 4pm checkout, no upgrade, free minibar, etc etc. This solidifies my belief that RA is a joke of a program, but I digress.

What are the beaches like in Playa del Carmen? We are thinking of staying in a boutique hotel in town that is not on the beach.

I know we can walk to the beach easily from the hotel but once at the beach, are there vendors that have chairs/umbrellas to rent?

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.
  2. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    We always stay at either Secrets Capri or Secrets Maroma. Maroma is newer. Capri is a 10 minute cab ride from Playa. adults only. quiet and relaxing.....

Public Playa beaches always look busy too me when ever we walk through town. Lots of venders selling fruit and cold drinks though. Nice vibe around the area.

Sweet Willie likes this.
  3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    at $500+ a night, they should be quite nice. We are heading to the area during super high season so no good deals to be had seeing as we are less than 2 months out.

Lufthansa Flyer likes this.