Platinum Status not earned, but got it anyway?

Discussion in 'Fairmont | President's Club' started by techguru, Mar 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed 22 nights last year at Fairmont all high rates (suites, gold floor, etc.) -- 400-500 minimum per night only qualified for Premier based on 12 calendar, but on a rolling 12 had 32 nights would it equal plat. Not complaining, but wondering what is the qualification period?

2. mtlfire

mtlfire Gold Member

Status Points:
    The calendar year (jan-dec) is the qualifying period.

Air Canada Super Elites's get Platinum after one night, and if you have the Aeroplan Platinum card (499$ annual fee) you can get it after 5 nights.

techguru likes this.
  3. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can properties gift platinum status?

4. Jasper2009
    Original Member

Jasper2009 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As already mentioned, the qualifying period was Jan.1, 2011 - Dec. 31. 2011 for this membership year (March 1, 2012 - Feb. 28, 2013)

The qualifying criteria is 30 nights OR 10 stays, any chance you may have had 10 qualifying stays?
    And of course there are the various fast track promos: Canadian AMEX Centurion members get comp. Plat status, Canadian AMEX Plat members get Plat status after 5 nights, Air Canada Elites and Super Elites needed 8 stays (vs. 10 stays) in 2011 to get Plat status for this year.

I haven´t heard of individual properties being able to gift Plat status, but I´m pretty sure there is some kind of mexhanism where FPC and/or hotels/GMs can nominate Plats or relax the requalification criteria.

5. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    I spent about 20k at one property perhaps it is that and I am a Centurion card holder in the US.

6. David3693

David3693 Member

Status Points:
    Use your AMEX PLAT card and you only need 5 stays to qualify for PLAT. great deal

techguru likes this.
  7. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah that is only a Canadian promo though...I'm a US card holder and the PLAT5 doesn't apply.

8. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Found out it was a corporate comp somehow. Called FPC and was informed I was a T4 which was better than platinum? Asked if I was an ex-officer or something...odd, but I am gathering it should mean good service at Fairmont.

Just called a property I frequent and told to keep my certs they would "take care of me," and I could save them for another property. :)