Platinum status longevity via CC

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by FlyingBear, Jan 13, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    So I just made a purchase on my PC CC a coupe of weeks ago and got the 80k points. When the points posted, I got boosted to Platinum status. After a couple of days, it went back down to Gold status. I emailed PC support about and they fixed it, BUT... here is a quote from support email that confused me:

"I have made the necessary adjustment in order for your account to show your status as Platinum Elite, valid until end of 2012. To continue with this status for 2013, you must meet the minimum requirements of Platinum status by December 31st of 2012."

I understood that the status earned in the year is good for the year it was earned in AND the next year. My account page says "You have maintained Platinum Status for the next year." which I think means that I am good through 2013?

Anyone has insight on this?

alohastephen likes this.
  2. Clocktower
    Original Member

Clocktower Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm thinking you're good, and that the agent just misspoke(typed). I bet they're still writing '2011' on their checks too. :p

I got my PC Visa around the beginning (Mar?) of 2011, and my status is good until the end of 2012. All last year my account page said (as yours does) "You have maintained Platinum Status for the next year." So yeah, I'm thinking that you're good till Jan 1, 2014.

Now that I'm in the last year, my account page says: "Next Level? You only need XX more qualifying nights or XXXXX more points to maintain Platinum Member Status".

And, of course you probably know that with the PC CC they promise never to drop you lower than Gold, although it still takes the same number of points to reach Platinum. :confused:

FlyingBear likes this.
  3. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    You are probably good. Support may have been reading from a script.
    Usually the website is correct regarding status.

FlyingBear likes this.