Platinum=lounge access only on international itineraries?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by michael21, Apr 28, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    My parents are leaving out of ORD this morning and presented their platinum cards to the desk in admirals club and were told its only free for international itineraries. Is this true? I don't see that anywhere.

NYBanker likes this.
  2. Rob
    Original Member

Rob Gold Member

Status Points:
  3. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Do you mean their Amex Platinum charge card or their AA Platinum mileage card?

If the earlier, the agent was incorrect. If the latter, the agent was indeed correct.

LETTERBOY and harvson3 like this.
  4. michael21

michael21 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was their amex charge card. So they had to use one day passes they had but they should be reimbursed because there was no need for them to use them because of the misinformed agent. How would we go about getting AA to give them back?

NYBanker and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    Try sending AA a tweet.

6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I would send separate written letters, not emails or tweets, to each of AA and Amex. If they recalled the name of the agent who denied them entry, that would be particularly helpful. At a minimum, include the lounge location (there are several at ORD) and the date and approximate time.

This will be worked out. Pain in the arse that it didn't work smoothly at inception. I've never had a problem at any AA/DL/US (or even CO, back in the day) lounge with Amex.

Frankly, the only lounge entry method that gives me trouble (which I look forward to) is my A3 Gold card. ;)

7. l_ark

l_ark New Member

Status Points:
    It was only US based FF members had this restriction. (ie. International travel only)
    Because of all these first class cabins, it is very easy to get top tier.

8. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is no restriction for Amex Platinum holders - they're not talking about AA Platinum. Even Executive Platinum only gets lounge access on International itineraries (w/o Amex Plat, of course).