Platinum Extras Certificate

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by sargenet, Apr 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sargenet
    Original Member

sargenet Silver Member

Status Points:
    I apologized if this has been asked before but I have been researching both here and other sites and haven't found the answer:

I received a Platinum Extras Cert when I signed up for my Hyatt Gold Card. I am making my first stay at the Hyatt in Maui. My choices are:
    Comp Food and Beverage Amenity or 1000 Bonus Points.
    They list Regency Club upgrade but it states it is not valid at resorts so I assume this will not be an option...
    I guess I will be given a choice of my Food & Bev amenity at check in but was wondering if anyone else has any experience with these certs...especially here at a resort.

Looks like I need to choose at check in...

2. tjbrooks

tjbrooks Silver Member

Status Points:
    A TripAdvisor user reported that the club upgrade was honored at the Kauai property, so YMMV.
    Perhaps try their Twitter rep?
    These certs have a relatively short life....make sure to check the expiration date.

3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    We always take the bonus points, the certificate which is always delivered via e-mail [ beside our first one ] [ The points are on our account within 2 or 3 hours - excellent ] building up points towards free nights, nothing is more satisfying in our view!:)

4. samonyc
    Original Member

samonyc Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hope I remember to bring my certificate when I stay at the Hyatt Regency Chicago next month. I'm leaning toward the Regency Club Upgrade, as they put out a nice spread, but the bonus points are tempting.

5. Kaanapali
    Original Member

Kaanapali Gold Member

Status Points:
    YMMV with regard to using Plat Upgrade Certificates at Hyatt Resorts. GH Kauai typically is very generous with Hyatt elites (be they Plat or Diamond), whereas the HR Maui is typically less generous even to Diamonds. You may wish to contact the General Manager for the HR Maui site via email and explain about having the cert, that this is your first stay at the Hyatt Maui, you have heard good things about it...and any other reason that you are actually going to Maui/staying there (special occasion etc). You may find this works...or it may not....but I think its worth the effort.