Platinum Breakfast

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by avflyer, Aug 27, 2018.

1. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    We we just spent the night at a Westin, and were told that the breakfast option was no longer available per the new combined program. If anything, the reading I have been doing has said that that benefit is expanding?

iolaire likes this.
  2. BMGRAHAM

BMGRAHAM Active Member

Status Points:
    If the property doesn't have a lounge - which is the case for some Westins - then you have the choice between points, breakfast or a local amenity. I am not sure that has changed. If you had already selected points then you wouldn't be entitled to breakfast. That's how it is now. It may have been the case even before the merge. https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/member-benefits/platinum.mi

KENNECTED likes this.
  3. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well, apparently the Westin SFO thinks otherwise. I have stayed there quite often, and we were told, that because of the transition, that benefit was no longer offered. Worse, we have contacted management and they have not responded. Honestly I am enjoying stays at various Hyatts lately....

4. customdirect

customdirect Active Member

Status Points:
    Westin's policy for quite a while is points or breakfast if there is no lounge. My reading indicated that has not changed. One thing you may wish to check out: Marriott Rewards has a guarantee on elite benefits with a payout to members who requested but did not receive an elite benefit, the amount varies by brand. If you have combined your accounts or come form the Marriott side, I would call to see if the guarantee applies to Westin (I believe it does)

Good luck! It is amazing how many front line agents make the rules up as they go along and sound soooo sure of themselves as they are getting it so wrong. I am from the SPG side of the merger so still getting used to Marriott-land but I am impressed that Marriott encourages members to report MR abuses and willing to compensate the guest when the rules are not followed.

5. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Turns out that the Westin SFO admitted their mistake and doled out a paltry 1,500 points for the inconvenience.:rolleyes:

6. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    According to the T&C, paragraph 4.3c (as I read it at least), Westin should have paid you $100 for denying you your Platinum welcome gift (of {your} choice where multiple options are offered) when you asked for breakfast. You may want to contact them on this.

iolaire likes this.
  7. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Much Garcias! We will let you know how this turns out.