Platinum benefits expiring... will they honor for Feb/Mar stay?

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by Sperry8, Feb 20, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sperry8

Sperry8 Active Member

Status Points:
    Hello,

I am currently a Platinum member and am losing status as of Feb 29, 2012. If I make a reservation on Feb 29 for 7 nights (arriving Feb 29 while I"m still a Platinum member), will the hotel honor my Platinum status for the whole stay? Or will my benefits just be honored for the days I'm a Platinum (and not when I'm Gold, starting March 1).

Thanks much
    Shane

uggboy likes this.
  2. jasher926

jasher926 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I believe it will last for the whole stay when you check in with that status. Obviously they won't make you give back your upgraded room or switch your card to deny you lounge access. However, if you're renewing the internet connection everyday, I don't know how that works...

uggboy likes this.
  3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Hotels have been known not to refresh your status at checkin, e.g. reservations made while as a Platinum getting treated as a Platinum even after that status expires, and even if checkin is far into the future. No guarantees, but does happen. Others may have specific experience that contradicts, but my bet is that if you are a Platinum when you check in that you will enjoy Platinum benefits throughout your stay.

4. Sperry8

Sperry8 Active Member

Status Points:
    Just an fyi in case anyone wants to know the outcome, my Platinum benefits were honored during my whole stay. Thanks all.