Plat packet in the mail but I just barely requaled for Gold

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by jrp2, Jan 2, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Don't know if those folks at Marriott are confused or maybe it's just me. I got a Platinum packet in the mail with a new card good until 02/14. The only thing is, I just re-qualified for gold. I show only 50 nights at marriott.com. So I don't know what's going on. Anyone else get something like this?

uggboy likes this.
  2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometimes it happens - I certainly wouldn't argue with it, especially if the status continues to show up. Congrats!

uggboy and jrp2 like this.
  3. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm not going to complain if it continues. I just usually don't have this kind of luck.

uggboy likes this.
  4. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    What status can you see on your account? You might want to check this again in March, as I would assume that the MR computer system is definitive rather than a little piece of plastic. Hotels nowadays tend to verify status on line, not by looking at the card.

Are you currently a long-time Plat, especially with lots of expensive stays, so that you could have been bumped up by Marriott?

5. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Website still shows Platinum but I expect that to change on Mar 1st. Only my second year of Plat. I have had a handful of expensive says but not that many.