Plat Breakfast During Passover

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by EyeOnTheSkies, Mar 27, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. EyeOnTheSkies

EyeOnTheSkies Silver Member

Status Points:
    So here's a fun one...
    Now that the plat breakfast is a Continental Breakfast, anyone have any success getting the hotels to allow substitutions to allow for passover where you're not supposed to eat breads, muffins, cereals, etc., which is exactly what a continental breakfast is.

2. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good point. Not sure what they would serve. :confused: How 'bout a Spock Matzoh!

[​IMG]

weevinweaver and Mapsmith like this.
  3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had great success getting 500 starpoints in lieu of breakfast...

Wandering Aramean and Mapsmith like this.
  4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think if you asked for fruit there wouldn't be much trouble with getting that instead. Doesn't require much prep and costs about as much as a well done baked good.

sobore and Mapsmith like this.
  5. BuckleandBoots

BuckleandBoots Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't claim to know the ins and outs of Starwood, but I imagine it would be just as easy to find a way to run by a grocery store and pick up some fruit and some of the marked Dannon All-Natural Yogurt (Available in Vanilla or Coffee). Then I'd just take whatever points they're going to give you in lieu of breakfast.

6. weevinweaver

weevinweaver Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am not so sure they would have to take into consideration religion when planning their breakfasts. There are many different religions that could all require something different.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  7. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm also Kosher and would certainly not expect the hotel to have a Kosher for Passover breakfast - not that the OP asked for such. But as a Platinum, I would expect some flexibility altho it might have to go up the ladder to find someone with a brain to allow a substitution of similar value. Fruit plate would work well but in the end, after years of travel and my own dietary restrictions, somehow I always find a way to make it work and I'm sure you will too.

mattsteg likes this.
  8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    There is flexibility. You can choose points instead if the meal on offer isn't to your liking.

9. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wouldn't be at all surprised at being able to get another offering either (or at the breakfast including quite a bit of fruit etc.) but "expect" would be a strong word setting one up for disapointment imo, and my expectations would be the same as a platinum or as a "nobody" guest on a breakfast-inclusive rate.

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  10. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a good (familial jewish) friend says, conondrums like this separate the Jews from the jew-ish. :)

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint