Planning my next Churn

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Credit Cards' started by paladinua, May 5, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    It seems like a lot has changed in the past few months, so I thought I'd put this out there.

Usually when I do a churn I've got a particular award in mind, last time it was Singapore Suites (flying that later this month). This time, its more focused on rounding out the balances, and eventually (some point down the line), EK A380 First.

With that in mind, I'm leaning toward the following:

AA Citi Platinum Visa 50,000 offer (It seems like it is still available)
    Possibly AA Citi Gold Mastercard 30,000 offer (MMS reported that its still possible to get this and the Plat?)
    Alaska Airlines BofA 25,000 offer (the Emirates ticket)
    Ink Plus (with a business) 50,000 offer
    UA Targeted offer (total of 65,000 - was pretty sweet seeing that!).
    and I'm tempted to do an SPG Business, just for kicks.

Anyone have any thoughts? Insights?

2. LeeInDC

LeeInDC Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got the AA Citi platinum visa for 50k about two weeks ago. I also got a second Citi card, although not the one you referenced. However, I did the second application a couple days later as MMS recommended. I was denied the second for having two many inquiries but got approved on reconsideration. I'm holding off on SPG since they usually up the bonus to 30k around August/September.

paladinua likes this.
  3. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, I think I did my churn between AA Citi 50k options -- although my wife did get in on the 50k offer... Sorry to hear about the second citi card being denied.

I ended up getting 6 of 6
    Barclays Arrival
    Citi AA Plat Mastercard - 40k offer
    Ink Plus - matched to the 60k offer
    SPG Personal
    UA 60k (really 55k) offer
    Alaska 25k

LeeInDC likes this.
  4. LeeInDC

LeeInDC Silver Member

Status Points:
    Well I got it in the end so no big deal. 4 for 4 on that churn. Congrats on getting all 6 of yours!

paladinua likes this.
  5. mrx900
    Original Member

mrx900 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Almost similar to my last one....Great Job and Congratulations! Btw...did you go for the $100 statement credit offer on the BoFa Alaska offer? (coincidentally, I too am aiming for redeeming those on EK)

paladinua likes this.
  6. paladinua

paladinua Silver Member

Status Points:
    I did -- a nice little bonus that statement credit is. I'm about halfway through all the minimum spend.... can't wait for the new month to hit! Hope you get that EK trip!

mrx900 likes this.