Planning For A Pharaonic Trip To Cairo

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 27, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Recently, I mentioned that the thought had crossed my mind about a somewhat elusive event for me – the Pharaonic 100KM in Cairo, Egypt. It had long been one I had thought about and one that actually got me into running the longer distances. This year, it looks like it will be the year to meet it head-on! Planning for Pharaonic Trip in Cairo I still need to put some pieces together and I am waiting to hear back from the directors, but it looks like I will be a go for the 2014 100KM Pharaonic race! For those of you non-runners, a marathon is an actual distance of 26.2 miles. Anything past that distance is classified as an ultra-marathon. The shortest (normal) ultra is the 50km (31 miles) distance. After that comes the 50 milers and then the 100km (62 miles). Preparing the Body Nutrition and Fueling Running 62 miles is not just a matter of working the numbers according to what you can do a marathon in. There are... The post Planning For A Pharaonic Trip To Cairo appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...