Planning A Mileage Run … To Get Cash?

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 20, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Mileage runs are flights flown for the purpose of accruing mileage. In this frequent flyer climate, the miles mostly sought after by doing mileage runs are for elite earnings, not award miles, but there was a day when people did a lot of mileage runs for the award miles as well. Normally, these trips are quick trips out and back (but many do turn the cheap trip into a mini vacation) Mileage Running In The Past I have done a fair amount of mileage runs in the past. Back when Delta had a doubling bonus on MQMs (their elite miles) out of select airports (Pittsburgh, Raleigh-Durham, Nashville, and St. Louis), I drove down to Pittsburgh for a few different flights. One of the several trips I did was to Long Beach, California. I was able to pick up 12,500 elite miles for only $220! That was a steal! I also did back-to-back trips to Seattle (getting upgraded on all legs) and also a quick trip to Sydney (two hours on... The post Planning A Mileage Run … To Get Cash? appeared first on Running with Miles.

Continue reading...