Pintrips lets you pin, track, and share airfares

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by sobore, Apr 15, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

You know the routine: You search a half-dozen websites, find an airfare you like and e-mail it to a travel companion who clicks on the link, only to find the fare has changed or completely disappeared.

It’s enough to make you long for a website that would let you collect all your airfare searches in one place, share them with your friends and get real-time price updates for each itinerary every time you visited the site. In fact, for Stephen Gotlieb, it was enough to inspire the development of, a new website launching publicly on Monday.

“I was in graduate school and trying to coordinate a trip with my wife,” said Gotlieb, a structural engineer by training. “I was sending her e-mails, cutting and pasting links and trying to communicate over the phone. I had 10 tabs open and the process was just too painful.”

The solution was to create a website and browser plug-in that allows users to select the flights they’re interested in on airline sites, meta-search sites and search engines; “pin” them to a dashboard, and share them with others. Every time the dashboard is accessed, the site automatically updates the results with the current price.

Read More:
    uggboy likes this.