Pinterest spreading to the travel world

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by rwoman, May 4, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

LA TImes: Pinterest spreading to the travel world

I know I use foursquare to get ideas when I travel!

KathInJax and sobore like this.
  2. KathInJax

KathInJax Silver Member

I have several travel related boards on pinterest. I have one that lists out the hotels that I want to stay in, one for our Ireland trip and one for places that I want to go. I follow Priority Club on Pinterest. I haven't found other hotel chains.

It is very interesting to see what people are interested in. Most of my friends post recipes and home decor/organization. Only my sister posts travel items.

The main issue that I have found is that there is not much useful content yet. When you search for something, you end up with the same pictures over and over. I try to make my pins useful - not just a pretty picture.
    rwoman likes this.
  3. ella
    Original Member

ella Silver Member

I am not a fan of Pinterest. Each time after I've visited the site I feel like I've just wasted time, and have learned nothing new. I will continue to try the site every so often in the hope it improves but in the meantime prefer other sources for travel ideas - as well as decorating ideas.
    chaz4449 and rwoman like this.