Pilots battle against 'Walmart-ing' of airline industry

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by uggboy, May 8, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Pilots battle against 'Walmart-ing' of airline industry

sobore and Newscience like this.
  2. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    It "could" bring TATL prices down, but they said the same thing about WN coming to ATL, where fares did not bottom out.

:)

LETTERBOY and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    It's unlikely that fares coming down anytime soon, especially now that demand picks up and supply is still tighter than it was a few years ago.

4. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    The Unions and Government keep cheaper cars out of the USA and the Taxpayers bailed out the Unions,

The taxpayers never have been paid back...let the free market dictate the price,

Today half of GM vehicles dashboard instrument do not work.,,Says a lot for quality work and design.

Another Union Game, paying off regulators, costing the taxpayers.

Counsellor, Newscience and LETTERBOY like this.
  5. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    Interesting comments. To my knowledge, the US government has bailed out America West, US Airways, and American Airlines in the past. I suspect that there may also be a few other airlines that can be added to this list. Were the unions also behind these government bailouts?

MX and uggboy like this.
  6. Counsellor
    Original Member

Counsellor Gold Member

Status Points:
    Would you like to clarify how the USG "bailed out" those companies? Was it just by having them carry air mail, or was it actual stock purchases (like Government Motors)?

LETTERBOY likes this.
  7. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes the Unions were behind the Bailout, just like they were with GM,

One thing for sure the Unions did not put the money up to start the company.

Many an employer today is being ask to pay extra for health care, and match retirement pensions, many small companies are laying people off to reduce cost,

I put money on the line, worked far more than 40 hours, never had a paid vacation in my life, and have sleep where I worked. I had no paid health care, no paid days off, and have drawn less than the minimum wage...

I have seem many if my friends go broke, buying their job.

I am one of the guys who started a company, sleep in a car at the trade shows, shared rooms, no one game me a bail out.

The taxpayer, and stockholders have never been paid back for the GM Bailout..

And that is the facts. The Government and Unions are in bed with each other, and the taxpayers are getting the shaft., paying far more than they should.

LETTERBOY likes this.