Pilot refuses to fly without mum

Discussion in 'Other Airlines | India' started by sobore, Jul 1, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/pilot-refuses-to-fly-without-mum/story-fn6s850w-1226413900774

AN AIR India pilot has seated his mum in the cockpit, refusing to take off without her after he could not get her a free ticket.

The pilot allegedly demanded that his mother be issued a "dummy boarding card" at Pune airport in western India and placed her in a jump seat reserved for the crew for the two-hour flight to the capital New Delhi.
    "When the pilot insisted on taking his mother on board, the operations and commercial departments were informed," an airport official told the Sunday Express.
    "The pilot threatened that he would not fly without his mother."
    The pilot said that his mother was sick and he could not leave her at the airport, the paper reported.
    "The GM (general manager)... investigated the matter after it was brought to my notice," Air India chairman Rohit Nandan told the Express, adding that disciplinary action was being taken.
    Air India pilots are allowed some free tickets for themselves and family members subject to seat availability.

Read More: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/pilot-refuses-to-fly-without-mum/story-fn6s850w-1226413900774

canucklehead and jrp2 like this.
  2. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    wow, quite the mommy's boy.

3. kyunbit
    Original Member

kyunbit Silver Member

Status Points:
    well totally unprofessional.. but if someone puts his job on line for his/her mother, I salute him/her. I just couldn't understand why he wouldnt buy a ticket at the gate if he was so concerned.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.