"Picture Your Upgrade" app for Star Alliance

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by FlyingBear, Feb 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    Already mentioned in United thread: http://milepoint.com/forums/threads/picture-your-upgrade-app.28471/

I thought it makes sense to put it in technology section as well. Available for Apple, Android and Blackberry. As I mentioned in the other thread, taking pictures at the airports might seem suspicious to some. But I got the app anyway and we'll see how it works :) I am not sure what geographic limitations it has yet.

Description

The Star Alliance Picture Your Upgrade app gives you the chance to win exclusive prizes, including designer chairs, upgrades to Gold Status and Round the World Business Class tickets, just by taking photos.

It works like it sounds. Take photos of airport items from our weekly tasks and you stand the chance of winning exclusive prizes. For example, collect photos of any airport or lounge seat and you could upgrade to a design classic of your own – a Corbusier LC2 Petit Modele armchair. Or, collect photos of priority check-in aisles and you could be checking in to a 5* hotel suite for the night.

For the chance to win all you’ll need is this app and your frequent flyer number from a Star Alliance member airline. If you don’t have a FPP you can find out more at www.staralliance.com/en/about/member_airlines.

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.
  2. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    So... if I collect and submit some photos of the TSA massage station, will I be in the running to win my own massage parlor (with appropriate staffing)?

FlyingBear and goalie like this.
  3. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    That or it will get you disqualified ;)

HaveMilesWillTravel likes this.