Picking seats on AF metal for DL codeshare?

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by BAppelt, May 9, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. BAppelt
    Original Member

BAppelt Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am looking to buy tickets CVG-PPT with the flights out of LAX being AF metal but DL codeshare. In the past I know there was a problem with selected seats not getting thru to AF systems. Is this still the case? What will I have to do to make sure I get the seats I want? I'm a DM and DH is a GM so we would like to select the premium economy seats.

2. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    As non-status I was able to select my non-premium seats just fine on Delta for a AF operated codeshare flight to/from the US, but the EU sections don't open their seat maps in advance.

3. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can't select Premium Economy seats without paying Premium Economy fares. AF does not have Economy Comfort like DL and KL do. You may be able to get preferred seats, but I've had issues with this on AF/KL. Your DL record locator should work on the AF website. It should show you the AF record locator and allow you to select a seat there. Don't rely on seat selections made through DL to get through. Sometimes they do, but when they don't, the result could be a middle seat.

4. BAppelt
    Original Member

BAppelt Gold Member

Status Points:
    So if I book on DL.com, what fare do I need to pick in order to do pick those seats?

5. mtkeller
    Original Member

mtkeller Silver Member

Status Points:
    You need a premium economy fare, which will book into W with a DL flight number. It seems the most reliable way to make it show up is to search Y or higher for the fare class, since W is higher in the hierarchy but much cheaper than Y.

iolaire and BAppelt like this.
  6. BAppelt
    Original Member

BAppelt Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks mtkeller