Pick your 2015 "privileges"

Discussion in 'Air Canada | Aeroplan' started by The Lev, Dec 4, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    You can now log in to AC Altitude and pick your privileges for 2015.

Here are your choices: https://altitude.aircanada.com/static/pdf/2015_EN.pdf

My choices:
    - 50 e-upgrades
    - 100% bonus aeroplan miles on AC and 25% on select other carriers
    - 20 eUpgrades
    - aircanada.com Travel Options
    - 12 eUpgrade Credits for eligible Flight Pass activities

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  2. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    Me too although if I pick E-upgrades I will have well over 125 of them come March 1 as I am crossing several thresholds between now and Feb.28. I just crossed 200K and will cross 220K plus I bought a pass and will do well over 40K in Jan/Feb. Problems problems :D

YULtide likes this.
  3. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    That's pretty much the cat's meow. Might switch to some MLL passes instead of the travel options, though.

YULtide likes this.
  4. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm not convinced that people who cross 20K and 40K in January and February will earn any threshold eUpgrades.

If you end up with too many, you do have a nominee spot for me. :D

5. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    ...I took the bonus miles this year. For this year I took "early qualification" because last December I had to route through YUL to my home in YYZ 3 times to reach 95 segments and I didn't want to do that again. Figures I hit 120 *A segments this week, with a couple of weeks left (and another 30+ on Delta!).

6. NordsFan
    Original Member

NordsFan Silver Member

Status Points:
    I made my picks at 1800 last night (04DEC) and the 50+20 e-UG credits I chose were in my account this morning, along with the 20 credits for crossing 100K this past Saturday. Now that is fast posting of credits as well as very quick recognition of re-qualification: crossed 100K on 29NOV on YVR-YYZ redeye AC156 ! I also noticed that the "Select benefits" button was live on the Altitude site on Thursday 04DEC !

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  7. En-Route
    Original Member

En-Route Silver Member

Status Points:
    Time to get with it. Missed the announcement

8. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Will cross over 100K early next week so at least will get the threshold eUpgrades. Still have 44 expiring end of Feb 2015. Fortunately the next threshold and then choices will be good until 2016... however who knows if I will even get a chance to upgrade :mad:

9. kirankapoor_7

kirankapoor_7 New Member

Status Points:
    seems very interesting

10. londoncalling

Status Points:
    They did not announce any changes to that part of the 2104 package. You keep earning ecerts no matter when you reach the threshold. Its just the year they get placed in.
    I still haven't got the email invite yet to pick my choices.

11. The Lev
    Original Member

The Lev Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just log in to the Altitude website and you should be able to choose your optinos - I didn't get the e-mail either.

12. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    As a mere E50K I haven't (and wouldn't have) received the e-mail yet, but I have a problem. By my calculations, I ought to have somewhere north of 77K AQM by year end based on planned travel. (I'm just sitting in the Thai lounge in HKG awaiting my ride to YVR now.) But due to IRROPS two weeks ago on my trip to Asia, I wound up having to be rebooked on Cathay Pacific in lieu of AC. (AC did the rebooking). Thus I missed out on about 7900 AQM that I would have earned for the missed flight. (That includes a class of service bonus for PE) So, I won't make the 77K and will miss out on E75K status. Similarly, Mrs YULtide will not make E35K for the same reason.

Question: what are my chances of pleading my case to get the higher status for us both?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  13. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    No emails were sent out regarding selecting benefits now, just the ones a few weeks back confirming your status tier for next year. As always happens, if you're closer to a new tier threshold, the sweep will exclude you from the eligible group for immediate selection of benefits assuming you will earn enough AQMs in December to qualify for the higher tier. This means the link to selections isn't operable. I believe the next sweep will be mid-December, then again after the first week of January (to capture flights posting at the end of December).

As for earning eUp credits passing 20K and 40K thresholds during January and February 2015, I agree with The Lev. Since this is now the new earning year, the T&Cs of the 2015/6 benefit year kick in and there are no eUps until 60K...or was this reconsidered by AC (lost track of such things).

14. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can always ask. Suppose the issue will come down to whether you were also offered protection on AC and selected CX over AC. If no option, they may give it to you.

YULtide likes this.
  15. londoncalling

Status Points:
    Agreed. If you were not given any other reasonable choice to fly AC then the should give you the miles. If you don't get the right response PM me and I maybe able to direct you to get help. But make your own request first and lets see where that goes.

YULtide likes this.
  16. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for your responses. They did offer me a hotel room overnight in YVR and seats on the next day's flight, but I pointed out that I had another flight to catch the next day four hours before the AC flight would arrive, so they kindly put me on the CX flight. You could argue I chose the CX flight over the AC option, but the cascading problems of rebooking intineraries if I waited overnight in YVR would quickly have become an enormous headache.

I'll try my luck, though I assume I should wait until year end.

17. londoncalling

Status Points:
    The lev is correct. First 60K of miles earned starting in January count towards next years Ecert program. I am still ok as I will be in Asia twice in Jan/Feb and once in Europe plus some domestic. Will be well over 50K by March 1 and will not have used any 2015 Ecerts. I will have at least 124 in the bank on March 1 and my Asian trips are in Z/D . Next year will be fine for me because of carry overs from 2014 but the returns are diminishing after that.

YULtide likes this.
  18. tomh009
    Original Member

tomh009 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I crossed 100K two weeks too early this year, so probably zero carryover credits (unless I fly another flight yet before the end of the year). If I'm successful at upgrading both Dec and Jan flights to Tokyo, I'll eat into the 2015 credits already. But it'll be at the lower 2014 redemption prices so it probably makes sense.

YULtide likes this.
  19. Canadi>n
    Original Member

Canadi>n Gold Member

Status Points:
    Curious about the new luggage tags. The design of the member cards has returned to the more standard horizontal after several years using a vertical design. Does this mean the tags will echo this new design, and return to horizontal too? (Interestingly, both AA and UA adopted the vertical luggage tag design in the past year or two while keeping their member cards horizontal.)

YULtide likes this.
  20. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Only one way to find out.

21. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Update:

I have submitted my request and received the following automated response:

Fortunately, I tend to fly most in the second half of the year. Holding my breath until March....

22. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Further update: According to my calendar, it's now "the beginning of March."

Still no response from AC.

milchap likes this.
  23. slalom

slalom Silver Member

Status Points:
    They didn't specify 2015 ;)

YULtide and londoncalling like this.
  24. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, it's a language thing. The English version says "by the beginning of March" French says "beginning in the beginning of March."

tomh009 likes this.
  25. YULtide

YULtide Gold Member

Status Points:
    And another update....

Yesterday I received a call from AC asking me to send my itinerary and copies of my boarding passes. Scanned and sent same today.

I wonder how I would have managed the BP part if I had used my phone screen instead of paper ones?

The person who called gave me the impression that we should receive our status as requested. Also apologized for the wait, saying there has been a large number of requests for review this year. Interesting.

londoncalling likes this.