PHX Cut Off My Laminated "Priority" Tag

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by Gulfstream 550, Sep 22, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Gulfstream 550

Gulfstream 550 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As a fun gesture, my wife laminated a recent "PRIORITY" tag and put it on my suit case with a stong tie. When I checked in using the First Class Check In at Phoenix (The Baggage Biotechs) gave me a nasty look and lecture about my laminated tag (even thou I was flying First Class that morning) and when I was going up the escalator, and looking down, I saw the agent cutting off my wife's Priority tag she made for me.

How rude! How rude!

Lesson of the story - The PRIORITY tags must really be an issue at First Class Check In at Phoenix!

JohnDeere19 likes this.
  2. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did they simultaneously replace it with a normal paper priority tag, since you were flying first class?

3. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I can't imagine I'm the only one who thinks that having the tag on the bag to begin with was a bit sketchy.

4. Lufthansa Flyer
    Original Member

Lufthansa Flyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Agree, a little presumptuous. Let the airline determine who/what is priority. After all it is their program.

sc801 and hulagrrl210 like this.
  5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    On domestic flights in the US, priority tagging means little. Yours or theirs.

Mapsmith likes this.
  6. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I agree. With a priority tag attached to a checked bag out of PHX it could be "rerouted".

7. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not really...when I (rarely) check a bag and I have the priority tag, it's usually one of the first couple off the belt. Anything like that that saves me 10-15 minutes of waiting means something in my book.

sc801 likes this.
  8. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Our experience differs. I have status on all three alliances...and rarely see any benefit from the tags. Sometimes at LGA, in fact, the priority cart seems to get unloaded last!

Outside the US, though, it is another story, and it usually makes a difference. (One domestic exception is QF at LAX - they put the F/J bags on an entirely separate carousel.)

9. DeacFlyer1
    Original Member

DeacFlyer1 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had pretty good luck with them recently. My favorite happened a few weeks ago--my wife and I were getting ready to move, and we were flying into town to close on the house, so we each checked three bags full of stuff, so that we'd have that much less to move later on. We got to the baggage carousel, and our bags were literally the first six off the belt. Got some glares from other pax for that one, both because we got our bags first, and probably because they though we were crazy for checking six bags (and they probably thought we paid $150 each to do it!).

My biggest issue with them is that some agents don't do a very good job of actually putting the tag on the bag, especially if you aren't flying F.

10. Gulfstream 550

Status Points:
    The bag tags are VERY inconsistent across the system - it seems to depend more on the station and the employee putting the tag on.

11. hulagrrl210
    Original Member

hulagrrl210 Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1, but I guess instead of cutting it off, the agent could have simply removed it and handed it back to you.

12. Gulfstream 550

Status Points:
    My wife gave it to me and it just hurts a bit that this agent thought she could just cut it off without telling me.

sc801 likes this.
  13. iolaire
    Original Member

iolaire Gold Member

Status Points:
    A better thing for the agent to do would have been to tape over it. It’s never good practice to completely destroy a customer's property.

PRGN_Legacy, hulagrrl210 and IMGone like this.
  14. desert_gecko
    Original Member

desert_gecko Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have you reported this to US?