PHL / CLT US Clubs

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by viguera, Dec 6, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have to admit I'm not a lounge/club person at all. My routine generally involves getting to the airport with just enough time to make the bag check cutoff, go through security and make it to the gate just as boarding is about to start.

But I have a couple of questions now... I'm flying out of PHL at 8:20 with a 90 minute layover in CLT. Should I even bother with either airport as far as the US Clubs go? I don't expect them to be anything spectacular, although if we get into CLT on time I might as well go since I don't have anything better to do. :)

2. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    The PHL club is one of the nicest I've been in anywhere -- I normally fly Delta, but there was a point in time where they didn't have a club at PHL, so we could use the US Air one there ---

Given your schedule, I wouldn't pay to use it for just one day though. I haven't changed planes in CHT in a long time, but 90 minutes (anywhere) can evaporate with the time it takes to get off the plane, go to the next gate, and then board.

DTWBOB

Sean Colahan likes this.
  3. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    If your flight is on time, you should definitely visit the club in CLT. Nicer place to sit, rehydrate, and recharge your electronics. I would just pick the club closest to your departure gate.

The clubs in PHL are large and spacious. If you have time, it's worth a stop.