Philadelphia downtown Marriott

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by b1513, Feb 14, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. b1513
    Original Member

b1513 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Stayed here last week. Was upgraded to the Club Floor but there is something about this hotel that is appearing shabby. The old lobby was nicer before it was remodeled and they desperately need a decent restaurant.

KimK likes this.
  2. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have also found the club to be terribly crowded in the am and the rooms need a major refresh! Associates stayed at the Courtyard across the street and had a better time of it.

KimK likes this.
  3. b1513
    Original Member

b1513 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've stayed many times at the Courtyard, as well, but the only problem with it is that it takes forever to get your car. Other than that, I'd prefer the Courtyard to the Downtown Marriott. The RI I don't care for at all.

KimK likes this.
  4. River in Sight

River in Sight Active Member

Status Points:
    This property is in the middle of a renovation which will update all rooms - and all conference areas as well. Three floors have been completed (they're working from the bottom up) and the rest will be done by August.

I stayed here the night before last and was given an odd room in the "Deluxe Tower" with a single porthole window that was about 8" in diameter.. very odd. Certainly one of the least desirable rooms I've ever had at a Marriott.

The club here can get quite crowded, but I do like this hotel overall as the employees are extremely friendly and there are many services right within the hotel (Hertz, FedEx, etc.).

5. b1513
    Original Member

b1513 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I hate the Deluxe Tower. It's far from the lobby and difficult to get to. At least it has a Flat screen TV. The club level room I stayed in last week still had a big old- fashioned TV that you could barely see.