Phantom private conversations?

Discussion in 'Beta Feedback [Archive]' started by Wandering Aramean, Feb 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just got an email alert that a conversation was started with me. I went to open it and it doesn't exist.

Does the creator of a PM conversation have the ability to kill it or are there ghosts in the machine?

joesmoe likes this.
  2. joesmoe
    Original Member

joesmoe Gold Member

Status Points:
    Maybe someone added you then unadded you?

3. chrislacey
    Original Member

chrislacey Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Too much beer! :D

4. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Kagehitokiri Silver Member

Status Points:
    and so there are no private messages?

5. Randy Petersen
    Original Member

Randy Petersen Founder

Status Points:
    There are, they are called "conversations" and you'll find out are much more dynamic than typical private messages. You can actually add people into the conversation and even use it as private chat. So many possibilities for forming small groups, etc. you'll find them in your "InBox" in the upper right of your screen and you can test by sending a member you know a "conversation". And "No" we did not make up the word "conversation", it's part of the technology we are using and i guess they were inspired or something like that by the new buzzwords for communicating with others on the Web. That's our story and we're sticking with it.

Actually, I have an idea, I'll send you a "conversation" just to get you going with it ... it will say "Welcome and I'm glad you are here"

joesmoe likes this.
  6. Kagehitokiri
    Original Member

Kagehitokiri Silver Member

Status Points:
    ok, i think i get it.

but i have "accept conversations" unchecked. randy's went through. is that because of randy's status?

joesmoe likes this.
  7. False alarm on my part with the initial report. Turns out that it was an alert to a conversation to a business account, not the one I was logged in as. :eek:

It would be great if the content of the email included even a snippet of the message (I know this was mentioned elsewhere) to help on that front.

Sorry for the false alarm.