Phantom Award Space / Broken Booking?

Discussion in 'Flying Blue | Air France, KLM/Partners' started by jonk, Nov 10, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. jonk
    Original Member

jonk Silver Member

Status Points:
    hi all--

i'm trying to redeem my Flying Blue miles on Aeromexico or Aerolineas Argentinas and flights are showing up as available on the Flying Blue website, as well as Wandering Aramean's tool and ExpertFlyer.

however, i cannot complete the booking process online (for the AM flight, it says the seat is not available, for the AR flights, it says there's a technical error). if i call in, the AM flight shows as available but the agent cannot grab a seat, and the AR flights do not show as available at all.

(for the record, the flights in question are AM664 on 09FEB, or AR2452 on 05FEB, or AR2818/1513 on 08FEB)

does anyone have any tips for getting these flights, if they truly are available? or are they somehow blocked?

thanks!

jon

2. KVS Tool

KVS Tool Z Representative

Status Points:
    AM had recently changed its Award Booking Classes -- make sure that they are using the correct one:
    http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AM

If the Agent is still unable to complete the booking, ask them to contact the SkyTeam Helpdesk for assistance.

[KVS Availability Tool 7.3.1/Diamond - Awards/DL-SkyTeam/US-S]
    Code:
    MEX  Mexico City Metro / Juarez Intl MX = MEX TLC [MMMX]
    SFO  San Francisco Intl CA US [KSFO]
    SUN  09 Feb 2014 | 1 Seat

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
    ---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ------------
    AM         668     MEX   09:16     SFO   12:07     73W  0   CS+ YS+
    AM         664     MEX   20:34     SFO   23:25     73W  0   CS+ YS+

3. jonk
    Original Member

jonk Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks! i think they're closed now; i'll try again tomorrow.

4. jonk
    Original Member

jonk Silver Member

Status Points:
    thanks to a great agent who actually knew what he was doing (i assume), my problems are solved. got seats on those AR flights!

the second set (2818/1513) showed up wonky in his system when he tried to ticket, requiring a ridiculous amount of miles, so he had to process that one manually, but at least he was able to get it done. also, no $25 fee because the website is broken.