Petition to reduce UK Air Passenger Duty (APD)

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by Infinite1K, Aug 27, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Infinite1K
    Original Member

Infinite1K Silver Member

Status Points:
    British Airways is sending out an email asking frequent flyers so sign a petition to have the UK APD fees reduced:

[​IMG]

To sign up, visit http://www.afairtaxonflying.org. If you are non-UK resident, you can also sign up by clicking on the "Not a UK Resident" button on the upper right hand.

SC Flier and mht_flyer like this.
  2. Bay Pisco Shark
    Original Member

Bay Pisco Shark Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've been to the UK exactly 0 times since these fees got so out of hand.

SC Flier likes this.
  3. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    I love London and I try to stop over there for few days on all my European trips.
    Sure I hate paying the tax but if I were to start planning my trips solely to avoid these ancillary charges I would'nt d up going anywhere would I?

Examples that come to mind visa fees for China and Russia, visa fees for Brazil, reciprocity fees to enter Chile etc, etc, etc

I started to attempt to sign the petition but in addition to my e-mail they wanted address at that stage I said to hell with it.... what are they going do write me to confirm I signed it? :rolleyes:

4. dc3
    Original Member

dc3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    As soon as BA reduces their $700 surcharges for coach and more more other award travel to London I will consider complaining about the APD.

newbluesea likes this.
  5. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    And come to think of this so called " encouragement" by BA the King of airline rip-off charges, if succcessful would most likely result in them being even more unwilling to reduce the YQ even if it oil falls to $20 a barrel.