Perth (Australia) Hyatt

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by sendaiben, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'll be staying there with my wife in a couple of weeks... any comments/reviews?

uggboy likes this.
  2. MilePointInformed
    Original Member

MilePointInformed Silver Member

Status Points:
    Greetings,
    It’s been some time since I have had the pleasure of visiting the Hyatt Regency in Perth.
    The food was very good overall and I enjoyed the evening dinner buffetts.The staff were always friendly and accommodating.In particular the Regency Club was very nice and the team members exceptional. The rooms were small
    The inside word is the hotel is on its way to looking better after a much needed
    recent renovation. It is my understanding that the Regency Club rooms got the lion’s share of improvement including a complete redesign. Other rooms received a soft renovation
    Do share with us your experience upon your return and have a wonderful stay!
    Cheers G'day :)

uggboy likes this.
  3. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed there last May before the renovation and have photos HERE. It's a little bit of a walk into the city center but a number of buses run right by it. Exterior and Swan River (at rear of hotel) views:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

uggboy likes this.
  4. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for the replies. I'll post a quick report when I get back.

5. Peachy3
    Original Member

Peachy3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi Sendaiben,

I could give you a quick rundown of the hotel.

It's located slightly outside of the city but there is a shuttle bus and it is easy walkable to the centre of the city (however small Perth may be.).

Rooms: Diamond members will be upgraded to a Club King, and if you are lucky to one facing the river. All the club rooms have been refurbished and look very nice. However none of them have a bathtub.

Lounge: The lounge is on the 8th and 9th floors facing the river. It has tea and coffee and biscuits/fruits all day while serving a small spread of continental in the morning, and hors d'oeuvres from around 530-730. The only time that alcoholic drinks are served are at the night time opening. If you are a diamond and would like to have breakfast, you can have continental breakfast DOWNSTAIRS at the Cafe, which is much nicer, for no charge.

Parking: If you are stingy and do not want to pay for the valet parking, there is parking towards the foreshore that is free on Sat afternoons and Sundays, as well as after 5pm everyday.

Concierge: Never used it, but Perth is so small that a concierge is not really necessary.

Service: Most of the staff have been there a long time, but expect the staff to have a kind of laid back attitude, as even though it is the Hyatt, it is Australia, and it isn't a Park Hyatt =)

How to get there from the airport: There is a CONNECT bus, otherwise a taxi will do the trick. Public transport is too hard.

Rates: Usually you should be able to get a weekend room for $205, advance purchase $174. That is the cheapest during summer. There is always a Bonus 99 rate which is $230, with $99 food and bev credit included. This is great if you are going to have a meal (The Cafe's buffet selection is quite nice for dinner or lunch)

Currently, there are more renovations happening as they try to refurbish everything, so it may be noisy during the weekdays.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any questions =)

uggboy and sendaiben like this.
  6. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow, thanks Peachy3 [​IMG]

That helps a lot. Sadly I am a Hyatt nothing at the moment, hoping to get to Gold this year [​IMG]
    There just aren't enough Hyatts in Japan!

7. Peachy3
    Original Member

Peachy3 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Depending on where you live in Japan, you can try to do runs =)
    HR Fukuoka and HR Osaka have consistently <10000yen rates. HR Tokyo is not too bad either.

uggboy likes this.
  8. Coathanger
    Original Member

Coathanger Silver Member

Status Points:
    Enjoyed a four night stay in a Regency Suite King using a Diamond Suite Upgrade.

The suite itself was not renovated despite being on the Regency Club floor (Level 8) but that was the only drawback. Nice views out of the living room, guest bathroom and lots of space made for a very comfortable stay.

Diamond amenity was a bottle of wine and a fruit plate, accompanied by a hand-written greeting card from the General Manager.

Regency Club has great views over the Swan River and is a great place to watch sunset. The breakfast spread was good with excellent croissants and outstanding pain au chocolat (which was available only on one morning). Evening spread wasn't as great but it's always nice to have a drink while enjoying sunset.

We also had dinner at Joe's Oriental Diner which was had a nice ambience and reasonably good food.

Overall a good value stay with friendly staff.