Perswonal experience with the Accor Hotels brand

Discussion in 'Accor | Le Club Accorhotels' started by roundo, Mar 16, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. roundo
    Original Member

roundo Active Member

Status Points:
    I am posting about a personal experience with the Accor Hotels group reservation office and the Sofitel El Gezirah hotel in Cairo - that was very positive. Last year my wife made a reservation for a prepaid noncancelable room to be occupied for several days in connection to an independent tour. It was made by phone with the Accor agent and the credit card charge was into the four figures in US$. She also independently made a business class reservation via phone with EgyptAir

As a result of the events last month the tour was canceled with a full refund from the tour operator. And she immediately called the airline and Accor to cancel. But naturally it then fell to me to try to salvage something from these reservations.

Based on the amount of the fare, I assumed she had made a low cost non-refundable business air fare; and first I tried to determine if the reserved flight had even flown. Fortunately I found EgyptAir does not sell such a C-fare, and they promised - and we ultimately received - a full refund.

The response to the email to Accor reservations setting forth the events that precipitated the cancellation was negative, citing the non-cancel rate.. However it suggested contacting the hotel directly, even providing the email address to the property. I then found on the hotel website the name of the General Manager and wrote him asking only for a credit toward a future stay at the property.

The answer I received was that the entire prepayment would be refunded – and it has been credited to the card.

Chimpy and jbcarioca like this.
  2. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now that is great customer service.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have found Accor to be very decent, so long as one is polite and reasonable in communicating with them, regardless of the brand.

4. Kalboz
    Original Member

Kalboz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Bravo! Due to the fact that this property and its GM (and not the Accor brand) resolved your situation, this thread should be titled "Sofitel El Gezirah Cairo - Master Thread"
    Congratulation and hope you can make the trip in the near future!
    [​IMG]

Chimpy likes this.