Personally Phoned to Check In

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by javman08, Mar 5, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. javman08

javman08 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Today I had an automated phone call from UA asking me if I wanted to check in for my flight tomorrow over the phone. I said yes and then the boarding pass options were to have it faxed or print it at the airport tomorrow. Anyone else had this?
    Sorry if it is somewhere else but couldnt find it

rwoman and mht_flyer like this.
  2. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah, Saturday morning for my Sunday morning flight. It was pretty awesome and worked just fine.

rwoman likes this.
  3. Pat89339
    Original Member

Pat89339 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Saturday evening for my Sunday evening flight. Unfortunately, I was in a restaurant at the time which kept throwing off the voice response and it kept trying to sell me an upgrade. I never found out what the price was but it kept asking me for my credit card number. Eventually, it went back to say that I was checked in and would receive a boarding pass by email. That never arrived.

rwoman likes this.
  4. desamo

desamo Gold Member

Status Points:
    The stated upgrade price for my CLE-SFO flight was $1299, which, much as I wanted to return home, was a price well above what I was willing to pay for that flight: 737 with no IFE. That bird should have been on a much shorter-haul flight.

rwoman likes this.