Performance Rewards Upgrade ?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by dogcrazy, Mar 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. dogcrazy
    Original Member

dogcrazy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there such a thing called Performance Rewards Upgrade ?

I received a SWU upgrade from a trade, the upgrade was waitlisted last week.
    When I checked in today, the agent refused to upgrade me even there was upgrade seats available.
    She said I had Performance Rewards Upgrade which I couldn't use because I am not the account holder.

Has anyone heard this before ?

2. goalie
    Original Member

goalie Gold Member

Status Points:
    The only thing I can think of is that the agent is mis-interpreting a sponsored upgrade

3. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    This has been reported numerus times lately. I have no idea what "performance Reward upgrades" are, but as goalie posted, you had a mis-informed agent.
    What is happening is everyone on the waitlist using SWU's is kicked off the waitlist at T-24 and not getting put back on the waitlist. There are some reports that if someone fights enough and talks to the right person they can get put back on the list. But sounds like the majority of people, like yourself, doesn't know about this issue and doesn't get put back on the list.
    The thing that really hurts is when R opens up but it's less then T-24, there is no way our newUA system can put you back in using a SWU (per UAinsider). But, the system can allow any passenger with $ to purchase that UG within T-24.
    Funny how this system works:confused:
    Here is one of many threads on a different board about it:
    http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...intl-upgs-now-only-can-wld-airport-staff.html

4. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Actually, if R is open they CAN add a new upgrade redemption. The issue is when the upgrade is not available and you want to waitlist.

5. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh WA, I think you need to explain this to all the CSR and passengers, teach them they are wrong. I'm just reading others passengers stories and communicating it appears there is yet another issue.
    You seem to always post the contrary but not what is reality what a lot of people are going through.

6. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I post the contrary because I know what the policy is. I do understand that agents at the airports are struggling with it and that there is an implementation problem right now, but what I wrote is what the policy is. Calling in to reservations if R is open should allow the upgrade to be applied without issues.

perryplatypus likes this.
  7. AZjohn

AZjohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    At < T-24 please explain this is being done without issues?
    Saying that discredit's the OP here along with many other posts. Are they all BS?

8. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Many agents are still confused by the policy but it absolutely can be done and a bit of persistence will see to that. I personally was upgraded on a flight where I was FIMed from AC to UA about 5 hours prior to departure. It took a phone call, but it absolutely can be done.

Perhaps stating "without issues" was a bit too positive; I should have stated "within policy" instead, I suppose.

desamo likes this.