Penthouse 11, InterContinental Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Asking price: €1.3m.

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by uggboy, Jan 29, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Penthouse 11, InterContinental Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Asking price: €1.3m.

A dream, albeit an expensive one with 20.000 Euros in annual service charges attached.

2. londoncalling

londoncalling Silver Member

Status Points:
    UGGBOY......have you put your offer in yet?:D What more could you ask for, a penthouse in an ICHG property?

iterfacio12 and uggboy like this.
  3. blackjack-21

blackjack-21 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If the annual service charge weren't so high.....nah, it's not really a privately private floor. Too many other apartments there to be considered private. Thanks but I'll pass on this one.

londoncalling, iterfacio12 and uggboy like this.
  4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nah, the offer price is a bit much, plus the annual charges are considerable. It's fascinating that this penthouse at the IC Dublin is for sale. I hope the papers will keep us up to date when the time comes and this penthouse is eventually sold. Now the IC Dublin, but this penthouse was earlier marketed and sold as part of the Four Seasons Residences Dublin, with a private entrance away from the main entrance of the hotel. Cheers. :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    londoncalling and iterfacio12 like this.
  5. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well said, one of the advantages which speaks for this penthouse is the location, it's in Ballsbridge, one of the finest districts in Dublin, plus the annual charges incl. literally everything incl. hotel services access plus free pool access too. Some people who've money might find this interesting, it's a prestigious development to enjoy and was as said above known to be the Four Seasons Residences, now it's the IC Dublin Residences, but still, it's a fascinating offer with a high cost attached, but I guess, people who can afford the asking price don't really mind the 20.000 Euros in annual charges either. Oh yeah, the furniture isn't included the article notes, but this could be negotiated. Cheers. :)

blackjack-21 and londoncalling like this.
  6. iterfacio12

iterfacio12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'd prefer a purchase at the IC Bali Resort, if basic hotel services & benefits as a Royal Ambassador were included (also, I'd like for my nightly stays to count for regaining RA status!). If I'm going to spend seven figures for the purchase of an IC suite, you better believe that I expect maid service, room service, concierge advice, & my assigned Butler (which is provided for RA's at the IC Bali Resort) to be included in the list price.

Also, I'd consider a seven figure purchase at the relatively new Intercontinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort in Central Vietnam if the same benefits as above were included. I've been to maybe 30 or so different Intercontinental's in the last three years, many of them on numerous occasions, & I can definitively state that their Resort is the most visually appealing (truly, it's absolutely lovely!). Though their staff, at virtually all levels, require major improvements to successfully provide the level of professionalism, warmth, & attentive service that you'd expect at such a resort, including their comprehension of & ability to communicate with at least one of the targeted nationalities for this property (English, French, South Korean, German). That being said, the Club Manager(whose name escapes me right now but I'll grab his card when I get home & update this post accordingly), a South Korean gentleman, was quite fantastic, providing a very hands on & personal approach with his Club guests. His knowledge base was fairly substantial & he readily acknowledged the properties shortcomings, informing me of the various internal programs that he & other upper management had instituted to address those issues. Danang itself was a great deal of fun, with fantastic food & a enjoyable night life. I intend to visit again later this year.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015