PenAir Awards?

Discussion in 'British Airways | Executive Club' started by Muerl, Jul 8, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    So I was curious if you could use Avios to book a flight on PenAir?

Looking at the BHB-BOS route, mostly because that

I wasn't sure how deep the Alaskan relationship was, other than they want to sell me tickets for that leg, or offer me it at 14k r/t AS Miles, or if I could book it for 4.5k Avios each way.

2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Doubt it. Partners of partners rarely are an option for redemption.

Muerl likes this.
  3. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had wondered if it was something like Air Wisconsin or the other region airlines that operate flights for XYZ Express or if PenAir was on their own and just codesharing with Alaska.

4. skyvan

skyvan Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately it's not possible to get anywhere in the state of Maine with Avios, unless i'm missing somewhere but no AA service to PWM, PQI, BGR, BHB, RKD, or AUG. Once the merger occurs you'll be able to book AVIOS awards to PWM and potentially BGR though there are rumors service may be dropped. It's a shame since US Airways used to operate the EAS to RKD and AUG (all I remember, likely operated to PQI and BHB as well), though with just 19 seats per plane I doubt there would've been much award availability.

Driving from Boston to Maine isn't that bad, the scenery is nice and it's just a 5 hour drive to Bar Harbor, 1-2 hours to Portland, and 3.5 hours to Rockland, and 4 hours to Bangor.

5. Muerl
    Original Member

Muerl Gold Member

Status Points:

They used to operate BHB 2 years ago and there actually was availability because I looked for some family who had US miles.

Believe me I know the drive times. I just drove more or less BOS-BHB-BOS last wednesday / Sunday. My wife's family has a cottage down east. Looking to avoid 10 hours in a car with some strategic avios which sadly I can not do.

The advantage of Cape Air and PenAir taking the BOS-BHB/AUG/PQI/RKD routes in they actually make them competitive with the bus offseason. BOS-AUG was Running $95 last winter, which is only about $10 more than concord trail ways.

The only way to get to maine on Avios is to book LHR-BOS and hope for a snowstorm ;)

6. bennytma

bennytma Silver Member

Status Points:
    That'w really a shame. The BHB-BOS Penair flights are AS coded 3222 and 3224. Any idea if this situation has changed? I'd much rather spend 4,500 Avios than 10,000 AS for this flight. :)