PC Gold with one stay

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Sweet Willie, Jan 19, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Was searching some rates at priorityclub.com and came across this rate:

ENJOY THE BENIFITS OF BEING A GOLD LEVEL PRIORTY CLUB MEMBER JUST BY STAYING WITH US BY BOOKING THIS RATE AT CHECK IN YOU WILL BE GIVEN A GOLD ELITE UPGRADE CERTIFICATE WHICH UPGRADES YOUR PRIORTY CLUB STATUS TO GOLD ELITE MEMBERSHIP ENTITLEING YOU TO ALL THE BONUSES THAT COME WITH GOLD LEVELAs a Gold Elite Member, you will receive Ten Percent point bonus on Base Points-Priority Check In-and access to the exclusive Gold Elite Phone Number. Along with that you still get all the great perks of being a Priorty Club Member-Points that never expire-No Blackout Dates on reward nights-extended check out-and over 3700 locations to earn and redeem those points.Certificate can be redeemed by calling Priority Club at 1-888-211-9874 in the US or online at web adress on the certificate. Follow the directions on the screen and Gold Elite Level status will be activated immeadiately upon doing this. Membership materials will be mailed out in 2-4 weeks.

So if I'm reading this rate correctly, one gets PC Gold after a single stay.

2. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Amazing! But, PC Gold gives you 10% extra points plus a telephone number! Would prefer to earn with Hilton Honors Gold instead in this wow way and would get much more for our loyalty!

3. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    oh sure, who wouldn't:D & let's face it, PC Gold (or Plat in my opinion) isn't anything special, but if one is considering coming over the PC, why not get Gold after a single stay and at least get 10% going FW?

4. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're alright, with only one single night, that's actually indeed a great offer! Having said this, I would only emphasize, it would be great when IHG would have a better system of recognition of their elites.

rwoman and Casey Friday like this.
  5. riverchica
    Original Member

riverchica Silver Member

Status Points:
    rwoman and Casey Friday like this.
  6. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    hmmm riverchica, good catch, the particular hotel I was looking at had a best flex rate of $89 and the PC Gold Elite Upgrd rate was $139
    no kidding, Royal Ambassador is a joke with their T&Cs stating no benefits are honored on award stays and I've always viewed PC Plat as just a means to get more points, never really to realize any benefits when staying at a hotel.

rwoman, uggboy and Casey Friday like this.
  7. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed at 3 IHG hotels in Singapore. My Plat status was well recognised by CP and HI. I got a suite upgrade at CP and a corner room with comp breakfast at HI. Again in Asia status does matter.

8. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    There are some properties that give a decent upgrade to plats, but in general not too exciting.
    I actually want to meet the person who paid $50 for PC Gold, like 'Big Foot' I do not believe they exist. :eek:

rwoman, uggboy, icurhere2 and 3 others like this.
  9. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've gotten some nice upgrades at Holiday Inn Express for being PC Plat. They're always exceptionally nice to me and always recognize my status. I'm a Hilton guy, but when I need to stay at a PC hotel, I'm always satisfied.

10. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    PC is one of the few programs that has always recognized my status, even if it's a voucher for parking, $6 in the gift shop, etc in addition to room upgrades. At one HIX, I was given a corner suite with fireplace on an award night last year. And the IT system apparently allows one to also accrue VIP status at specific hotels (like Hyatt); for instance, I have seen my VIP level at the CP TYS on the check-in screen.

Casey Friday, rwoman and uggboy like this.
  11. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately, as a PC Plat, I've found recognition/upgrades/perks vary...

:-\

USAF_Pride, uggboy and Casey Friday like this.
  12. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    Wow very lucky. They seem to acknowledge my status maybe 33% of my stays.

rwoman, uggboy and Casey Friday like this.
  13. Bob Smolinsky
    Original Member

Bob Smolinsky Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can always buy PC Gold as above with no stays and it also comes when you buy Ambassador.

Sent from my iPhone using milepoint

rwoman and uggboy like this.
  14. Jett Rink
    Original Member

Jett Rink Silver Member

Status Points:
    Only the unwashed masses would pay $50 for Gold, when the $49 annual fee Priority Club Rewards Visa is such a no-brainer. It gets you Gold :rolleyes:, but, more importantly, you get a free night. Not so good for earning points, though.

PointHoarder, Toula, TAHKUCT and 2 others like this.
  15. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    True, but I know I do not want an additional credit card...

16. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess having a PC Visa is a a no brainer if you want your Gold status.

17. FlyingBear
    Original Member

FlyingBear Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder if something like this exists for Ambassador, so you pay for it together with your stay. Those of us staying on the company's dollar might like that particular option...

18. nacho

nacho Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's only for US resident :( not for Europeans.

19. Casey Friday
    Original Member

Casey Friday Silver Member

Status Points:
    I got PC Plat in 2010 for some random promo, and I've been surprised that I still have it! I've only completed about 10 stays since then, but I always get an upgrade, and the Plat status still shows good.

I love these promos!

20. Clocktower
    Original Member

Clocktower Silver Member

Status Points:
    I get recognized as Plat and always seem to get something good out of it on reward stays.

It's actually on paid stays that I've been let down a couple times. :confused:

But yeah, the PC Visa is a WAY better deal. You'll likely get Plat with the signup bonus, a free night cert, 10% rebate on reward nights.