PC Customer Service - Is there any worse customer service in the industry??

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by Pete, Mar 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely incompetent. Consistently atrocious. Enough to make me take my business elsewhere. :mad: Or is it just me/luck of the draw?

mrredskin and Travelsavant like this.
  2. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've not had a problem with Ambassador services -- they're very responsive and get the answer right always on the first try. Though I've not had problems bigger than needing to request points/posting adjustments.

What specifically have you encountered?

Hyatt has great customer service if you're seriously looking for greener pastures...

Travelsavant likes this.
  3. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ambassador is better. PC, horrible. Native English-speakers would be a huge step in the right direction.

Travelsavant and mrredskin like this.
  4. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I usually call Platinum line. I used to know a person there I'd specifically ask to transfer me to or I would leave a message for him. His name was Chris, maybe he is still there. He used to solve all my problems. If you talk to some regular rep and not a senior manager then most of the times your are up for a ride. Regular reps are usually very "slow" in understanding your problem and can't really solve anything.

5. Status Traveller

Status Traveller Gold Member

Status Points:
    I wanted to transfer some PC points to USDM in the recent bonus promotion so sent an email with my details to request the transfer.
    Finally, after 2 weeks I received a response requesting my address:mad:
    By that time the promo had finished. Not happy!

Travelsavant and mrredskin like this.
  6. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sending emails is absolutely useless. They usually come back with some stupid question that you either have already answered or they should know themselves.

7. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Absolutely incompetent, they just copy standard responses...I asked for my bonus points for the week-end I spent in an IHG hotel; after three weeks, they answered that it is only for US residents...Completely wrong, a friend living in Europe got already the bonus points. Do not ever write to the PCcustomer service, useless, it just makes you nervous for nothing.

8. mrredskin
    Original Member

mrredskin Gold Member

Status Points:
    it's almost as bad as Hertz.

every time i've had to call i've wanted to channel my inner-Chris Tucker.

Do youuuu understaaaand the wooords that are comin' outta my mouth?!?

9. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Wonder what to do now to get my bonus points for the week-end... They just offer promotions and it is a real pain in the neck to get the points.

10. Call them and keep moving up the chain until you get satisfaction and then write a detailed letter post factum telling them exactly what went wrong. seems like a lot of trouble but management never hears about these things unless you tell them.last time I did that PC RA gave me 5000 points for my troubles.

Travelsavant likes this.
  11. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    :(
    This is what happens when people are programmed like robots to stick to a script.
    Usually you have to spend time moving through CS to find the right person / manager who will actually help.
    I do admit I gave up after my last PC call of 30 minutes.

Travelsavant likes this.
  12. foxberg

foxberg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I always ask for an account manager right away.

Travelsavant and thegrailer like this.
  13. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I called my hotel to remind them that I'm arriving after midnight (but well before the 7 a.m. in the reservation terms); the hotel rep said she had to notate my record not to walk me as they are oversold tonight. I'm thinking it's about 50-50 I'll have to deal with PC support at 1 in the morning ...

Travelsavant likes this.
  14. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    The last news : for my first week-end they granted me only "one" night stating that the second night is free when I pay with the w-end voucher, and for the second one "two" nights, although I gave the w-end voucher for the second night. Explain to me this difference : I have the explanation : it depends on the person who treats the issue, each one has a policy...funny, no?

Travelsavant likes this.
  15. hotelsallover

hotelsallover Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah keep on calling and keep on escalating.

Travelsavant likes this.
  16. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    I never call, no time to waste waiting on the phone, I write e-mails and often I give up.

Travelsavant likes this.
  17. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    +1 It seems like it has been about a been a year since my last email. No response.

Travelsavant likes this.
  18. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have now tried the e-mail route. No luck. Response time was 10 days, and response was nonresponsive. Hold times for phone center are over 20 minutes tonight, with little chance of actually finding somebody who will be able to help on a routine matter.

19. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    You are all right, they are unefficient, they never respond to the question. I wonder if I am not going to complain to the Administration ...the staff is really incompetent.

20. tbemille3

tbemille3 Active Member

Status Points:
    PC is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. In the past few weeks, I have sent 5 emails to them about missing points from a promotion they ran in April. In the one response I did get, they gave half of the points I am entitled to, and have not responded to any of my following emails, even when I was extremely clear how upset I was at the service I am receiving. It is maddening, and enough to make me avoid their hotels completely.

21. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    If you want to laugh, read this : they promised to give me my 5000 bonus points after 6 weeks, I sent them a mail after 8 weeks, and they still answered : "You have to wait for six weeks"...They nerver answer properly the question and on top of all, they can't even calculate...

22. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    I received a similar response. Time to end the outsourcing and get native-English speaking CSRs.

23. Pete
    Original Member

Pete Silver Member

Status Points:
    Same issues now with Ambassador. I recently encountered possibly the most rude loyalty program CSR of my life. He was leterally shouting at me and accusing me of trying to defraud the company by asking for my missing points to be posted.

24. TheBeerHunter
    Original Member

TheBeerHunter Silver Member

Status Points:
    I submitted a question via email to Ambassador Services last Thursday AM. This morning (5 days later), I received a response letting me know that due to high email volume, it'll be 5 days before they respond to my message. Ummmm.... :rolleyes:

man on the move. and mrredskin like this.
  25. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    One of the reasons I moved... customer service and the rate at which they dealt with issues was kind of slow