Paying for a friends stay (CC)

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by Up&Away, May 21, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. Up&Away

Up&Away Silver Member

Status Points:
    We would like to pay for 1 night for a friend to stay at a Radisson in Baton Rouge and let my husband earn the bonus points for the stay. My thought is this: book under my husband's name, call the hotel and add the friends name. Let them know that we would like to pay for the room with the credit card listed on the reservation, but neither of the guests will have that card since it my card. Ask them to go ahead and charge the card without it physically being there. (I know this is possible...if no one showed up, they'd charge the card.) Will they let us do all this? Or is there a better way? I really don't want to have to go through the process of setting up an account for the friend and getting him to transfer the points to me. Plus, that wouldn't solve the problem of us paying for the hotel.

2. Mikus33

Mikus33 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you end up doing this? How did it turn out?

3. Up&Away

Up&Away Silver Member

Status Points:
    I ended up just booking in the friend's name and setting up an account for him. I called the hotel and asked that the charge be left on my card. They requested I send a cc authorization form, which I did. They charged my friend's card anyways. :rolleyes: So, I had to settle it directly with my friend which was ok but not what I preferred. I did end up transferring the points from his account to mine.