Pay for wifi with MileagePlus Points

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by Wandering Aramean, Nov 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    United is now offering the ability to pay for wifi with points rather than a credit card. On aircraft sporting the Panasonic kit (not the 737s, p.s. nor E75s) the option should be available during the login and payment process.
    [​IMG]

Still unclear what the specific rates are (I've asked for a comment from the company and not yet received one); if anyone is seeing it in the air I'd love to hear what the numbers are.

Gargoyle, iolaire and Steve GadFly like this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Rate is about 0.65cpp right now in the testing phase.

3. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Now if I could do that on Delta using my orphan Mileage Plus points, it would be a great way to burn them. :D

4. Mackieman
    Original Member

Mackieman Gold Member

Status Points:
    So...roughly 1500 miles for access on a two hour flight? Doesn't seem so bad if so.

5. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Yup. Not a spectacular valuation but also an easy way to just use a few points here and there for someone who has plenty and doesn't get reimbursed for in-flight wifi.

6. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Gogo is offering the other providers with a real window of opportunity, due to their weak support for newer platforms. Delta Studio, their streaming video offering, doesn't support Android phones, it doesn't support 64 bit Windows (i.e. Win 10), it has lots of other major gaps in device support.