Pax on BF and GF upgrade wait list?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by HaveMilesWillTravel, Sep 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am looking at the waiting list of a UA international flight today and see two passenger "names" appear on both wait lists. The lists are both rather short at the moment (3 and 2 respectively), and seeing two "names" appear on both seems strange. Other than a pure coincidence of different passengers with the same name fragments being waitlisted, what would explain this?

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I was once on both lists with AA after trying to get on an earlier flight out of Miami. I could have taken the flight as I made the stand-by, but I did not get the upgrade, so I waited for my original flight where I already had the upgrade.

3. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    These passengers 99.9% more than often are likely to be non-revenue passengers (airline employees or family members of airline employees). At United they are usually listed on the standby list, BusinessFirst, and/or GlobalFirst Upgrade lists depending on what class they listed in.

4. HaveMilesWillTravel
    Original Member

HaveMilesWillTravel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, that makes sense.

marcwint55 likes this.