Pax assaults FAs after they cut off his alcohol

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by MSYgirl, Dec 6, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MSYgirl

MSYgirl Gold Member

Status Points:
    [article]

Two off-duty Halton police detective constables are being credited with ensuring the safety of the passengers of the airplane they were traveling on recently, following an alleged mid-flight assault of two flight attendants.

The officers were coming back from a police hockey tournament in the Czech Republic and were aboard a plane destined for Toronto when a disturbance unfolded after a passenger was cut off from alcohol service.

A press release issued by Peel Regional Police said the man became irate, got out of his seat, approached the flight crew’s cabin and began pounding on the doors.

The situation escalated when two flight attendants who attempted to stop the man were allegedly assaulted.

At this point, police said, the two off-duty Halton officers, who have been identified as Det. Const. Chris Heffernan and Det. Const. Kyle Talsma, intervened and restrained the man until the plane landed at Pearson International Airport.

Tactical and uniform officers at the airport boarded the plane and arrested the man without incident.

Henryk Glowala, 40, of St. Catharines faces charges of assault, two counts of assault with a weapon and endangering the safety of an aircraft.

2. Reddishbead

Reddishbead Silver Member

Status Points:
    What a stupid @$$! I hope he gets what he deserves. :mad:

3. gaijin62

gaijin62 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Alcohol, the great enabler of bad behavior.

LETTERBOY, timfrost and Newscience like this.
  4. Newscience

Newscience Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, this idiot needs to have the book thrown at him! I'm quite sure that the air crew passengers on this plane were overjoyed that the off-duty police detective constables were among them when this alleged assault took place! And I'm willing to bet that they weren't alleged constables! ;)

LETTERBOY and gaijin62 like this.
  5. moongoddess

moongoddess Silver Member

Status Points:
    This is the reason I don't like to see alcohol served on planes. There are just too many people out there who are mean drunks.

Newscience and LETTERBOY like this.
  6. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    In principle, I don't mind alcohol being served on planes, but I think it flows WAAAAY too freely. If it were up to me, I'd give people maybe two drinks at the most, and that's it. And they wouldn't be free.

Flyer1976 and Newscience like this.