Patience and Multiple searches using different dates leads to much lower airfare!

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by BobbySanDiego, Mar 27, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BobbySanDiego

BobbySanDiego Active Member

Status Points:
    I have noticed American Airlines moves pricing up and down almost daily for trips to Brazil from USA.

Often the price can swing more than 70% day to day.

So I check for flights at various websites, try different days and wait. Usually the price drops about a week before desired travel date.

Book a flight SAN-SSA for $1100 yesterday while they wanted $1900 the day before.

I also travel on other airlines when AA charges double the competition.

Travelocity and Orbitz have been very good.

Home base is San Diego but Imoften find better deals out of LAX.

Cheers!

BobbySanDieago

Newscience, MX, uggboy and 1 other person like this.
  2. daniel caplette

daniel caplette Member

Status Points:
    Hi Bobby,
    I am looking to fly to San Diego next summer from Boston. Will I be better going to LAX?

uggboy likes this.
  3. BobbySanDiego

BobbySanDiego Active Member

Status Points:
    I suggest you do some searches and compare results. Prime Time Shuttle takes you from LAX to the Los Angeles Greyhound station for about $15. Greyhound advance purchase to San Diego is another $17. You can reserve both over the Internet. Greyhound charges for second bag $15. If you have three or more bags, buy a second ticket.

I flew to London out of LAX last December and saved about $700 off the San Diego to London fare on AA. Got upgraded to business as well.