Password Manager App / Pgm

Discussion in 'Travel Technology' started by spookysco, Dec 5, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. spookysco

spookysco Silver Member

Status Points:
    With all the sites available for tracking miles to airlines to credit card companies, etc I find myself with a huge list of passwords / user ID's. Does anybody have a good recommendation for a service that would keep your information secure "in the cloud" that also offers a mobile app?

miles and smiles and Gargoyle like this.
  2. dagaetch

dagaetch Active Member

Status Points:
    LastPass. I've been using it for nearly two years now, and it's amazing. Saves all your login information, can autofill the name and password (or autologin), even has a form fill feature so I don't have to type name and address. Basic membership is free; for $12/year, you get the mobile app as well as several other features. I highly recommend.

miles and smiles likes this.
  3. I think Master Key app for iPhone can help you. Master Key can help you to organize your huge list of passwords / user ID's into categories. It comes with some standards categories and you can create your own. Master Key can list all your records in alphabetical order as well. The one feature that I really like is that you can mark an item "favorite". You can access favorite items with only one tap. It's really convenient.

Master Key app also provide a capability for you to backup all your data into Dropbox which you can restore later in case something happen to your device. Dropbox integration is free. Everything is encrypted so you can be sure that only you can see your data.

You can check out the video here: www.masterkeyapp.com/video

I highly recommend this app.

4. Gargoyle
    Original Member

Gargoyle Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    I've used keepass for a number of years, keepass.info
    It's open source, free, small and very flexible. The actual encrypted file is very small and easy to move around- I can keep it on my computers, thumb drives, wherever.

miles and smiles and msny like this.
  5. msny

msny Gold Member

Status Points:
    +1 for KeePass. Also third party mobile apps are available for Android, iOS, BB, Windows Phone7 and more..

http://www.keepass.info/download.html

6. ossipago

ossipago Silver Member

Status Points:
    I use and like Lastpass. I think it's very comparable to KeePass, but the LP folks seem unbelievably security conscious and report even minor incidents (as in the possibility that a small amount of encrypted data might have been fleetingly accessed).

7. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    I save all of mine in a text document :)

8. Yavamos

Yavamos Active Member

Status Points:
    I just got an invitation to join Manilla, a free service. Haven't tried it yet, but am considering.
    https://app.manilla.com/

9. smittytabb

smittytabb Silver Member

Status Points:
    I really like MileBlaster for iPhone. It has most of the airline mile and hotel point programs and it is great to have it right on the phone as it is available all the time even when I am not taking a computer when I travel. It has really helped me to get organized and it also has "bonus" ideas listed to help you to maximize your miles. One of the best things it does is give you reminders when your points or miles are about to expire. More than once I have been saved by that feature! https://www.mileblaster.com/

10. miles and smiles
    Original Member

miles and smiles Gold Member

Status Points:
    Welcome to Milepoint!

11. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
  12. studio253
    Original Member

studio253 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I use 1Password across my Macbook, PC, iphone and ipad. You can sync through wifi or Dropbox.