Passport: wrong entry date

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by mynameismud, Jul 19, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. mynameismud
    Original Member

mynameismud Gold Member

Status Points:
    I recently flew CDG COO CDG on the same day (not a MR though) and when i went through immigration, my passport has been stamped with a wrong entry date...almost two months before the actual entry date.
    I realised this when a security airport officer pointed out my entry date (he was trying to get some money...but this is another story ), i immediatly showed him my boarding pass stating the correct date.
    Anyway the wrong entry date was well before the valid date stated on my visa...
    I guess it could have been a serious issue if i stayed longer than i did.

Did anyone encounter similar thing?
    How did it happen? Did you have to argue ?

cennas, uggboy, jrp2 and 2 others like this.
  2. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I had the immigration official stamp the wrong YEAR in my passport entering Zimbabwe. When I pointed it out (I didn't want any issues leaving the country) he just scratched it out and wrote next to it with the correct date. Not exactly what I would consider official, but I wasn't given a hard time about it.....

3. mynameismud
    Original Member

mynameismud Gold Member

Status Points:
    wrong year...nice one, i must admit i immediatly grabbed my passport and double checked (even though i already am home and do not have anything to worry about)

uggboy, jbcarioca and jmrich1432 like this.
  4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nice.

uggboy, jmrich1432 and jbcarioca like this.
  5. taiwaned
    Original Member

taiwaned Silver Member

Status Points:
    YVR - my wife was stamped with the wrong date. If you are a Canadian citizen, it doesn't really matter (and they don't stamp anyway) but as a Canadian landed resident, it is a HUGE matter because your citizenship eligibility has a time within country component to it.

My wife noticed it and went back to the officer, he said "man, I have been stamping the wrong date all shift" - crossed out the wrong date, signed it and restamped it with the correct date.

6. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Years ago I had a stamp to Saudi Arabia for the year following my actual entry. I was the only one who ever noticed it.

mynameismud, uggboy and jmrich1432 like this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    This sounds excellent, because I wish that solutions would always that easy to find! Thanks for sharing!;):)

mynameismud and jmrich1432 like this.
  8. jmrich1432
    Original Member

jmrich1432 Silver Member

Status Points:
    It was certainly easy! I was slightly worried about LEAVING the country, because my visa was not valid for the time period it looked like with the original date, but alls well that ends well!

mynameismud likes this.
  9. cennas
    Original Member

cennas Gold Member

Status Points:
    Happened to me in DXB last year. The date was August 1, but the date on the stamp was July 1. Guess the immigration officer forgot to change the month on his stamp and I only noticed it when I was already at the hotel. Leaving DXB on August 4, I came prepared with my boarding pass stating the correct date, just in case the wrong date became an issue. It didn't happen though and I didn't think the officer noticed it.

mynameismud likes this.
  10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    When people say wrong date, could it be a problem from the convention of some places writing the day first and others the month first, so that 6-7-2011 could be June 7 or July 6?

jmrich1432 and mynameismud like this.
  11. mynameismud
    Original Member

mynameismud Gold Member

Status Points:
    No possible confusion here
    [​IMG]