Passenger Called The Press Today To Quote Pilot's Announcement

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by kansaskeith, Sep 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2012/09/tales-from-the-front-sept-24.html/

Can't quite tell what portion of the delay the captain is blaming on catering, and how much on the "routine maintenance" in the hangar overnight running too long, or maybe some delay in ferrying the plane to the actual gate.

But pilot told pax crew was ready, so the crews must know that people are talking about the situation. . . .

AA 1150, by the way, is an MD-80 operating between DFW and DCA.

2. Mike Reed

Mike Reed Gold Member

Status Points:
    Good. Maybe this means the rank and file are getting tired of what some of their brethren are doing.

3. LETTERBOY
    Original Member

LETTERBOY Gold Member

Status Points:
    I hope this is what it means, but the cynic in me says it could also be the pilot trying to cover his rear. :confused:

mrredskin and marcwint55 like this.
  4. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    I've had that happen many times, though not necessarily for an hour's delay -- usually it's a 'we're waiting for catering to finish up'.

The one that's really bad is when the plane ovenights and just after everyone is loaded, they find a mechanical issue resulting in a long, long delay.

DTWBOB

5. kansaskeith

kansaskeith Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think a lot of us have had delays for catering happen multiple times. The difference here, for me, as I read the Dallas Morning News blog item, was the captain's added sentence "But I want to let you know all of the flight crew was here on time this morning and ready to go."