Partner Benefits if Any

Discussion in 'Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan' started by AMRivlin, May 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. AMRivlin
    Original Member

AMRivlin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Are Skyteam Gold members recognized on Alaska Flights?

Priority Boarding, Lounge, Luggage Waivers?

I have no status with Alaska.
    I am Gold with KLM (Skyteam)

Thanks in advance. Their help desk was unable to answer.

2. dgreen12
    Original Member

dgreen12 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Skyteam Gold, to the best of my knowledge, is not recognized on Alaska. AS has a relationship with Delta to give each airline's elites mutual recognition for upgrades, preferred seating, etc., but that doesn't extend to Skyteam elites.

Notwithstanding that, AS does permit partner elites (including KLM) to early board (listen at the gate for the announcement, which typically occurs with MVP boarding).

It's also possible during OLCI to look for better seats than were assigned during the purchase process. Before I was an AS elite, I would ask at the gate whether better seating was available (e.g., exit row) and would routinely be moved to an exit row seat that I couldn't get during the purchase process.

I'm reasonably sure the answer is "no" with respect to luggage waivers, but it never hurts to ask when checking a bag. If you're connecting through on a KLM ticket to AS or QX, there should be no baggage charge on the inbound. If you're starting off on an AS or QX flight and connecting to a KLM flight, I'd go ahead and ask for a waiver --- you never know what might happen.

AMRivlin likes this.
  3. bakedpatato
    Original Member

bakedpatato Gold Member

Status Points:
    Skyteam Elite Plus gets you nothing officially on AS. That said, I have been able to board with the MVPs with hit and miss results; I've been denied at SAN but not at PDX nor SEA. Then again, some AS agents don't think KE is a partner :rolleyes:

4. beckoa
    Original Member

beckoa Gold Member

Status Points:
    To be fair, I think KE is still newish of a partner [Several years yes, but not a common one- and not one we earn EQM's with either]